Re: Good software takes 10 years - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Good software takes 10 years
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Nice article about good software taking ten years to develop.  I think
> > > PostgreSQL can be classed at 15 years now, and it is being developed at
> > > Internet speed too:
> > >     http://www.joelonsoftware.com/stories/storyReader$368
> >
> > I think the slashdot discussion is more interesting than the original
> > article:
> >
> > http://slashdot.org/developers/01/07/19/0145222.shtml
> >
> > In particular, the slashdotters observe that there's more than one
> > kind of software.  For big projects, ten years seems about right...
>
> I am never sure if posting info about appropriate articles is ok for
> this list.

It works ... I did create a pgsql-advocacy ages ago that would be good for
this sort of stuff, if ppl actually used it ...

The only thing I'd suggest is prefixing with something like Article:
<subject> just so that we all know that that is what the thread is about,
but other then that, post away ...