Re: Re: Pg7.2 (was: vacuum and 24/7 uptime) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Re: Pg7.2 (was: vacuum and 24/7 uptime)
Date
List pgsql-general

The list looks fantastic.  I'm now looking forward to this release.  Sounds like
it's planned for just 6-9 months after the 7.1 release, or thereabouts?  Good
agressive schedule.

I would like to request one more feature of course:  support for ALTER TABLE
tablename MODIFY columnname [create clause] would make my life much easier.
When designing a new database from scratch, I often find myself having to change
column types during the very early stages of development.

That would also help users who need to convert their MONEY columns to
money-formatted decimal coluns once this release comes out and they upgrade.

Again, thanks for all the hard work.

Wes Sheldahl

Bruno Wolff III <bruno%wolff.to@interlock.lexmark.com> on 07/12/2001 09:24:31 AM

To:   Alexey Borzov <borz_off%rdw.ru@interlock.lexmark.com>