RE: RE: Universal admin frontend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pedro Abelleira Seco
Subject RE: RE: Universal admin frontend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What about a KDE or Gnome piece of software?  In
> fact, I believe that such a
> project may already be in its infancy...

Yes, I could be, but no all systems have one of them
installed or even installable (think not only about
Linux, but all the platforms in wich Postgres run,
Windows too)
Other advantage of the Java/Swing aproach, apart from
its portability, is that is easy to program in that
platform. I have programed for KDE and have done a
little test against both gtk+, gtk--, but Java is
another level. Suddenly all is easy, you can do what
you can imagine. I don't want to start a flamewar
about the best programming language. I only say that
for this kind of task Java is the only platform in
wich I feel sure about what can be done and when it
can be.

> Chris

Pedro