Re: Various silliness in heap_getnext and related routines - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From bruc@stone.congenomics.com (Robert E. Bruccoleri)
Subject Re: Various silliness in heap_getnext and related routines
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear Tom,

> bruc@stone.congenomics.com (Robert E. Bruccoleri) writes:
> > BTW, given the high level of support that you provide to the PostgreSQL
> > community, it's very accurate to state that support for PostgreSQL
> > is far superior to that of Oracle, especially for SGI systems.
>
> It's all about having the source code available, I think.  After all,
> it was you who identified the location of the problem...

Yes, but it's not just having the source code. Although I could see
a potential problem, it was your knowledge of the source code to recommend
a patch that worked immediately, and your willingness to help
that together makes PostgreSQL support so good. The same knowledge and
helpful attitude applies to all the PostgreSQL developers.

Thanks. --Bob

| Robert E. Bruccoleri, Ph.D.      | Phone: 609 737 6383                |
| President, Congenomics, Inc.     | Fax:   609 737 7528                |
| 114 W Franklin Ave, Suite K1,4,5 | email: bruc@acm.org                |
| P.O. Box 314                     | URL:   http://www.congen.com/~bruc |
| Pennington, NJ 08534             |                                    |