Re: RE: postgresql 7.0 for NT - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Fred Yankowski
Subject Re: RE: postgresql 7.0 for NT
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 10:09:37AM -0700, Rishi Sharma wrote:
> Are you using postgresql as the backend db for a
> websever?

PostgreSQL works great behind Zope using ODBC for the interface.  I
use Apache as the front end in this case, on NT as it happens, but
others have used IIS in a similar configuration.

PHP/Apache also makes it easy to access PostgreSQL.

AOLserver and the OpenACS packages work very well with PostgreSQL.

I don't know of any way to "plug in" PostgreSQL to IIS itself -- I'm
not sure what that would mean.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370