Re: show all; - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: show all;
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 05:01:11PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee> writes:
> > As SHOW is for humans anyway, I hacked SHOW ALL that
> > shows all current session variables.
>
> That's not even *close* to being all the SET variables.
> You forgot GUC.

Actually not.  But I thought the GUC should be under separate
command, like 'show config'.  The SHOW ALL should show
all SET-able vars.  I understand the GUC ones are RO.
Am I mistaken?

I can ofcourse make SHOW ALL show GUC ones too, but then
(I think) somehow it would be nice to get only the SETable ones.
Or is this too hairy?  Ofcourse when some of the GUC ones are
SETable, this wont matter.

--
marko