Re: Kylix, dbexpress & PostgreSql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fernando Lozano
Subject Re: Kylix, dbexpress & PostgreSql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Denis and Ben,

> >     I searched all the pgsql mailing list (and the
> > internet) to find if there
> > is a dbexpress driver or some way to get pgsql into Borland
> > Kylix. The only
> > solution i've found is the beta driver from EasySoft
> > "dbExpress Gateway to
> > ODBC".
>
> Try using ZeosDBO at http://www.zeoslib.org/ this has just been ported to
> Kylix.  Not sure how stable it is but the windows version is great :).

If you do not mind missing the DatabaseControls (TDBGrid, etc) you may just get the postgresql unit from Free Pascal
(www.freepascal.org).

Also take a look at their FCL (Free Component Library), the development version has a clone of a TDataset and a
PostgreSQL-specificsubclass. Maybe you can compile it with Kylix and use with CLX data controls.

[]s, Fernando Lozano