Re: 2GB file size limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: 2GB file size limit
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:31:13PM -0400, Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I upgraded from kernel 2.2.18 (Slakcware7.1 on x86) to 2.4.4 only to find out that I will still not get LFS due
tomy glibc2.1.3.
>     My question is the following: I know people have reported DBs larger than 2GB, but is there any single file that
getslarger than 2GB? Can anyone make an estimate of what overall_DB_size will cause me to hit the 2GB-filesize limit?

Postgres splits table files after 1GB, so the file size limit shouldn't
affect the maximum table size. I'm not sure what the other limits are,
though. My guess is you can probably make as large a database as you
have the storage space for.

Cheers,

Neil