Re: 2GB file size limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Hallstrom
Subject Re: 2GB file size limit
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm pretty sure I remember one of the developers saying that postgres
works around this limit automatically by creating separate tables per
database/table/etc...

in other words it's not a problem.  if I'm wrong, someone who knows
correct me.

-philip

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos wrote:

> Hello all,
>     I upgraded from kernel 2.2.18 (Slakcware7.1 on x86) to 2.4.4 only to find out that I will still not get LFS due
tomy glibc2.1.3.
>     My question is the following: I know people have reported DBs larger than 2GB, but is there any single file that
getslarger than 2GB? Can anyone make an estimate of what overall_DB_size will cause me to hit the 2GB-filesize limit?
>     Any ideas how to work around this other than upgrading glibc or changing OS or architecture? Having survived
throughSlackware evolution, I bet it'll be the last to adopt any changes in the field *sigh*