Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL seminars - Mailing list pgsql-general

From newsreader@mediaone.net
Subject Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL seminars
Date
Re: Upcoming PostgreSQL seminars  (Joel Burton <jburton@scw.org>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 09:51:56PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> You can get more information at:
>
>     http://www.greatbridge.com/gb?seminar

The kind of seminar I'm interested is like a short course
in "how to optimize the database/queries etc" to
an audience with a good technical background but
without formal training in database design/theories etc.
Sort of like one day classes they give at usenix
conferences...  Come to think of it someone
from the core developers of postgres should give
such classes at one of the usenix conferences.  Mind
you I've never been to any of those conferences.
But it's very tantalizing to me especially I can
get a student discount.

What you have up on the web page seems to be geared
towards the managers who will make purchasing decision
and who won't actually be involved in designing and implementing
the real thing.  IMO.