Re: refusing connections based on load ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ncm@zembu.com (Nathan Myers)
Subject Re: refusing connections based on load ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 03:09:53PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Anyone thought of implementing this, similar to how sendmail does it?  If
> load > n, refuse connections?
> If nobody is working on something like this, does anyone but me feel that
> it has merit to make use of?  I'll play with it if so ...

I agree that it would be useful.  Even more useful would be soft load
shedding, where once some load average level is exceeded the postmaster
delays a bit (proportionately) before accepting a connection.

Nathan Myers
ncm@zembu.com