Re: Better Features document? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: Better Features document?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 03:52:00PM -0400, Joel Burton wrote:

> My fear is that users & potential users come to PG w/o learning what a
> view is, how triggers can be helpful in designing database systems, why
> custom aggregates are so great, etc. (Those of us w/CS backgrounds do well
> to remember how many web database designers don't have that background!)

    Wholeheartedly agreed! I see this happen many times here at our
university. People look at PG's website, then look at MySQL's site and see
MySQL's (very misleading) "benchmarks", and since they don't have the db
background and are looking for an esay to use DB, they go with MySQL.

> Does anyone want to help put this together?

    Let me know how can I be of help. It should only take you one day to
write a good document listing PG's features.

    -Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+
  Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU - http://www.brasileiro.net