Re: Re: Integer to float function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From steven_vajdic@ivillage.com
Subject Re: Re: Integer to float function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 06 April 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> > Try using int2()/int4()/int8() instead of integer().
> >> Why is that NOT documented under "Matematical functions"?
>
> > Because we haven't received any patches to document it? ;)
>
> Or because it's not a mathematical function.  I don't think that
> datatype conversion functions belong under that heading.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I did not mean to question the position
of integre() or int4(), or ... in the PostgreSQL documents.

I HAVE found a list of functions, among them integer(), under mathematical functions and have NOT found anything about
int4()or intn(), should I say. Perhaps, I was not searching the docs enough, but you know how we do things in a hurry -
wedo search the TOC.

So, if there is intn() desribed somewhere in the docs, I apologise BUT there is not then we have a communication
problem.

Thanks in any case. The most important thing is that my migration from RedHat6.2/postgreSQL6.5 to
Mandrake/PostgreSQL7.0.2was easy and successfull, mostly because of this forum and questions/answers that we have

in circulation.

Cheers,

Steven.

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life