Re: make caught doing what configure should... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alfred Perlstein
Subject Re: make caught doing what configure should...
Date
List pgsql-patches
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [010323 08:40] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> > Shouldn't configure look for the pre-generated file when the test for
> > bison fails?
>
> No, I don't think so.  At least not that way: what you'd need to
> discover is not only whether gram.c exists but whether it is newer
> than all its prerequisite files.
>
> Besides, I think the warning message is appropriate in any case, since
> it lets bison-less people know that they had better not blow away gram.c
> or hack on gram.y.

Er, not really, it (the warning) gets blown away by all the rest
of the ./configure output.  It might as well error out, not just
warn, then you can actually see the message.

Daemon News Magazine in your snail-mail! http://magazine.daemonnews.org/