Re: Fw: Please Help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: Fw: Please Help
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 07:35:27AM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:
> Sure did help me! Thanks! Since Debian does a lot of that stuff for you it's
> hard to follow along the instructions because they assume a source compile
> and install. The Debian related docs should say "After you've done 'apt-get
> install postgresql', just do the 'su postgres' part." So thanks again!

cool! glad to be of assistance. holler if you need anything else!

>   _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
just like his or hers
>   _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"
or it has, just like he's or she's.

as i like to tell folks who have trouble:

    replace IT with HIM or HER -- after all, conjugating 3rd
    person singular should work for he she or it, equally...

        it's my nemesis => he's my nemesis
        its door is broken => her door is broken
        it's got to be => she's got to be (it HAS)

        it's its own downfall => he's his own downfall

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com
http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your brain!