Re: Standard Deviation/Variance function development - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: Standard Deviation/Variance function development
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:15:15PM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:

> > Has anybodys grabbed development of a standard deviation/variance
> > calculation function?
> > If not, I am interested in tacking it on my todo list.
> >
> > What would be involved?
> > That is, should it be written in C or in PL/PgSQL, or what?
> > (I imagine that C would be fastest, no?)
>
> It is marked with a dash, meaning it is done and will be in 7.1.

Hehe, I suppose actually /reading/ would be a good start, eh?

Thanks for the clue-smack.

Now I have to find something else to do.

dan

> --

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster