Re: Re: RPMs for PHP accessing PostgreSQL via ODBC over RedHat - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Juan R. Cortabitarte
Subject Re: Re: RPMs for PHP accessing PostgreSQL via ODBC over RedHat
Date
List pgsql-general
i�m using different machines  to the web server and postgres server and i haven�t
got odbc drivers, it is not necesary. It works very good!!

---- Mensaje original ----
De:        Chris
Fecha:        Mon 3/5/01 19:38
Para:        pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Tema:    [GENERAL] Re: RPMs for PHP accessing PostgreSQL via ODBC over RedHat

>Is it really necessary to use PHP and ODBC? PHP has a native postgresql
>interface I believe...

It sounds like the postgres server is a different machine to the web
server, so ODBC is needed to communicate between the 2..
I have no answer for that unfortunately :(
This url *might* be of use - http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.odbc.php

Let us know how you go & what you did :)

>>Hi,
>>We are currently running the following configuration on our server:
>>Linux Red Hat 7.0
>>PostgreSQL 7.1beta4-1
>>PHP 4.0.1pl2
>>I need to add some RPM package (or perhaps an apache module) to enable PHP
>>to access PostgreSQL via ODBC.
>>In order to have PostgreSQL native access support we installed package
>>'php-pgsql-4.0.1pl2-9.i386.rpm'.
>>Is there some similar RPM package to enable ODBC access in PHP4.0.1pl2?
>>If not, how should I procceed?
>>TIA,
>>Paulo

Chris Smith