Re: has anybody gotten cygwin1.1.8 to work with postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent R. Matzelle
Subject Re: has anybody gotten cygwin1.1.8 to work with postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
--- newsreader@mediaone.net wrote:
> I tried at one point though I don't know the cygwin version.
>
> I didn't work; said c compiler cannot produce
> executeable

This happened to me as well.  It occurs because you haven't
applied the source patch.  You can read out and download it
here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html

Note: Peter Schindler's remark above is correct.  PostgreSQL
will not run under Cygwin 1.1.8.  There was a problem with fork
I believe that caused the problem.  It has been fixed, although
you will need to download the most recent snapshot of cygwin to
get it.

Brent