Re: preproc.y error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: preproc.y error
Date
Re: Re: preproc.y error  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 07 Feb 2001 at 20:15 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
| > Now I get:
| > byacc -d  preproc.y
| > byacc: f - maximum table size exceeded
| > gmake[4]: *** [preproc.c] Error 2
|
| Better install bison if you want to work with CVS sources ...
| the lack of bison probably explains why it's failing for you on
| this system when it's OK on other FreeBSD boxes.

I concur that bison is required -- A fresh OpenBSD install failed
to build with the same error mentioned above until I installed bison.

| I wonder if we ought not accept byacc as a suitable yacc in configure?
| Peter, what do you think?

I can agree with this approach, unless there is some magic to get
byacc to work. In any case, there should be a note in the installation
docs stating that bison must be used when working with the CVS src.
 brent