PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chean Fonk Joe Thong
Subject PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1  (teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød))
List pgsql-general
Hi to all,

Currently I'm trying to upgrade my PostgreSQL from 6.5
to 7.0.2 with rpm files on my Redhat 6.1 with Glibc
2.1.3.  The installation won't continue because RPM
Manager told me that I need libc.so.6 (>= GLIBC 2.2).

I've two questions:
I forced the installation with no deps, when starting
the postgresql server with the following command:
/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
The script told me that I've an old version of
PostgreSQL.  How should I solve this problem?

How do I install GLIBC 2.2 onto my Redhat?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Joe