Re: PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7 on Redhat 6.1
Date
List pgsql-general
El Vie 26 Ene 2001 17:02, Chean Fonk Joe Thong escribió:
> Hi to all,
>
> Currently I'm trying to upgrade my PostgreSQL from 6.5
> to 7.0.2 with rpm files on my Redhat 6.1 with Glibc
> 2.1.3.  The installation won't continue because RPM
> Manager told me that I need libc.so.6 (>= GLIBC 2.2).

I have postgresql-7.0.3 on a redhat with glibc-2.1.1, installed from rpms.
Where did you get your postgres rpm from? Try getting the scr.rpm and
recompile them (It's very easy).

> I've two questions:
> I forced the installation with no deps, when starting
> the postgresql server with the following command:
> /rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
> The script told me that I've an old version of
> PostgreSQL.  How should I solve this problem?

That OK, and it's because you didn't read the fine manuals. There is a part
that talks about upgrading with rpms.

> How do I install GLIBC 2.2 onto my Redhat?

It's not necesary.

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.