Re: initdb doesn not create template1 database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Grant
Subject Re: initdb doesn not create template1 database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2001.01.19 16:10:33 +0100 Tom Lane wrote:
> Tony Grant <tg001@dial.oleane.com> writes:
> > /usr/bin/initdb: /tmp/initdb.29795: Permission denied
>
> Pretty odd.  Uh, you're sure /tmp is world-writable?

Ummmm...

I had a mail server problem that nuked my /tmp directory last week. The new
temp directory on the spare partition didn't have the correct permissions.

I'm quite happy that I knew that it was a permissions problem! But that was
about the only folder I hadn't checked (I had my head stuck in /var/lib...)

Thank you very much kind sir - have a virtual beer on me.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
It's just some computers connected together...