Re: Removing the row limit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Removing the row limit
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 04:25:07PM +1100, Mike Cannon-Brookes wrote:
> I'm using 7.0.2 I think, how can I remove the 8k row limit?

You can recompile and up the page size to ~32K, use large objects,
or upgrade to 7.1

> Is this removed in 7.1 ? If so, is it worth trying the beta of that? Or is
> there another way to do it?

There are others ways (see above), but I'd suggest upgrading. I've
been running 7.1 from CVS for a while now (for development) without
any major problems.

> (I realise this question has probably been asked a hundred times, but I
> can't find an answer in any of the online docs)

The mailing list archives would probably have lots of answers to this.

HTH,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.
        -- Homer J. Simpson