Re: pgsql: Emit parameter values during query bind/execute errors - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Emit parameter values during query bind/execute errors
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Hmm, the affected ones (jacana and fairywren only AFAICS) seem to be
> gcc-based, which presumably work differently than the msvc-based in how
> newlines are interpreted in the test script.  I pushed an attempted
> blind fix.

> I *hope* that those two are not the only Windows ones running the
> pgbench tap test!

[ scrapes buildfarm results... ]  The Windows critters that are
running that test seem to be

   name    | operating_system |   compiler
 bowerbird | Windows          | Visual Studio
 drongo    | Windows          | Visual Studio
 fairywren | Windows / Msys   | gcc
 jacana    | Windows          | gcc

So yeah, the MSVC ones were happy with the test as you had it.
Interesting ... it's not obvious why that would have anything
to do with the behavior of a Perl regexp.  Maybe they are using
a different Perl version?

            regards, tom lane