Re: Alpha tas() patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: Alpha tas() patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 28 Dec 2000 at 10:48 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
| > another loop-free version of TAS that /seems/ to work as desired.
|
| Since it doesn't check to see if the stq_c succeeded, it can't possibly
| be right...

right, I just realized that while composing a now-deleted response to
Adriaan :-)

back to the TAS-loop issue. when using

| > WRT to your seeing the shutdown lock failure, what are you doing to
| > provoke this bug?
|
| "pg_ctl stop".

I see this with the version of TAS() that you recently suggested, but not
with either of the versions I'd hacked up.

| I am wondering if the machine I am testing on is different from yours.
| I know there are multiple revisions of Alpha hardware out there; is
| there a way to test which mask rev is running a particular machine?

I have no clue right now, but I'll look into it.
brent