Re: blobs and the toast project ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: blobs and the toast project ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 10:35:52AM +0100, dominique papin wrote:
> But I kept an eye on the future development. Now I have read the summary
> of TOAST project which will be implemented in the future 7.1 release. It
> seems to me that it could fix my problem with blobs in postgresql,  am i
> right ?

Actually, your problem is fixed in 2 different ways.

1) With TOAST

2) LOs have been improved. My understanding is that instead of
storing each LO in a separate file, 7.1 will store all the LOs in
a single file.

I have been using a pre-7.1 snapshot for development, and
it's been perfectly useable.

Regards,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

Hard work never hurt anyone - but why take chances?