Re: postgresql 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: postgresql 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
> [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
> > Not if it a new version is released every three to 6 months.  If a new 40
> > dollar book came out every three months and a lot of the info is rehash of
> > the previous 3 versions, then no, I wouldn't buy it on every release.  But
> > if every 3 to 6 months a 10 to 20 dollar "update" is sold, I would probably
> > purchase that.
>
> I will be putting updates to the book on the book web site, so at least
> people who have bought the book can know what changed from release to
> release in relation to the book.  After 18 months/2 years, another
> edition will probably be necessary.

I realize I am saying two different things.  One, I can generate
camera-ready copy with updated manual pages and updated text quite
easily for each release.  Second, I was saying that the changes are
minor for about 1-2 years, then it gets to be you have to add stuff all
over the place.

Not sure how this will play out in reality.