Re: ecpg is broken in current - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: ecpg is broken in current
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 03:31:59PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > pgc.o(.text+0x582): undefined reference to `pg_mbcliplen'
> > pgc.o(.text+0x953): undefined reference to `pg_mbcliplen'
> > pg_mbcliplen cannot be used in the frontend. Remove them, please.
>
> Is there any way to use a similar functionality in ecpg? I don't like to run
> truncate the text too early.

To truncate a mulbyte characters properly, you need to know what
encoding is used for a .pgc file that ecpg about to process. Currently
there is no mechanism in ecpg (and all other frontend) to know what
encoding is used for the .pgc files. This is a tough problem...
--
Tatsuo Ishii