Re: PostgresQL Connection Question - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Anthony E . Greene
Subject Re: PostgresQL Connection Question
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 17:58 Gavin M. Roy wrote:
>Is it possible in one sql statement to query tables from multiple
>databases?

No. The query is sent to the backend over a connection to a specific
database. You will need to create separate queries for each database and send the
appropriate query to each one.

It's not too hard. There is more error checking involved, but I had to do
it in one of my applications and found that it's not much more trouble.

--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D