Re: DBD::Pg installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: DBD::Pg installation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 05:51:57PM -0400, Michelle Murrain wrote:
> I'm trying to get DBD::Pg installed (I've tried directly and through
> CPAN) - and I get the following error: please set environment
> variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB!
>
> I looked then at the source tree - found the README, then looked at
> the makefile. The variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB need
> the variable POSTGRES_HOME.

You don't actually need to define POSTGRES_HOME (or at least, I've
never done it and I've installed DBD::Pg numerous times).

The following should work:

sh
export POSTGRES_INCLUDE=/usr/local/pgsql/include
export POSTGRES_LIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
perl Makefile.PL
# continue with installation from here

Assuming you've installed PgSQL in /usr/local/pgsql . Once you've
done the above, follow the rest of the steps in the README
(make; su; make install).

If you're running csh and don't want to change to Bourne, just
replace 'export' with 'setenv' (and don't use '=').

HTH,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@home.com>
Get my GnuPG key from: http://klamath.dyndns.org/mykey.asc

People of privilege will always risk their complete destruction
rather than surrender any material part of their advantage.
        -- John Kenneth Galbraith

Attachment