Newbie Config Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From postgres-interest@enstor.com.au
Subject Newbie Config Question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, I'm not sure that this list is the appropriate one for an install/config question but heregoes...

I've just built postgres v6.5.3 on solaris 8 (sparc 64bit) with gcc (v2.95.2).

When I run "make all runtest" after installing postgres I get a number of errors.

I would appreciate guidance as to the severity of the errors, and presuming that they are a problem,
tips on what to look for re fixing the errors.

NOTE: Unfortunately I'm installing postgres to support another freeware package (dcl) that doesn't run
on v7.x.

The output of runtest is -

postgres@pumpkin ~/src/postgresql-6.5.3/src/test$ more regress/regress.out
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
=============== Notes...                              =================
postmaster must already be running for the regression tests to succeed.
The time zone is now set to PST8PDT explicitly by this regression test
 client frontend. Please report any apparent problems to
   ports@postgresql.org
See regress/README for more information.

=============== destroying old regression database... =================
ERROR:  destroydb: database 'regression' does not exist
destroydb: database destroy failed on regression.
=============== creating new regression database...   =================
=============== installing PL/pgSQL...                =================
=============== running regression queries...         =================
boolean ..  ok