Re: That killer 3rd join... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Smith
Subject Re: That killer 3rd join...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 04:59:51PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Oliver Smith wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 10:23:57AM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > > BTW, what do you mean by 'went away'?  crashed, or just hung there?
> >
> > Stopped using CPU, stopped responding to signals (except in the end -9),
> > and when I did finally kill it (the following day, to give it chance to
> > do what it was doing), it left the database the tables had been in flagged
> > as 'in use' so I couldn't touch them =/
>
> Stupid question, but what version of PostgreSQL did you say you were
> using?  *raised eyebrow*

psql (PostgreSQL) 7.0.2
contains readline, history, multibyte support
Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2000, PostgreSQL, Inc
Portions Copyright (c) 1996 Regents of the University of California
Read the file COPYRIGHT or use the command \copyright to see the
usage and distribution terms.

Oliver
--
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...