Re: problem with float8 input format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Louis-David Mitterrand
Subject Re: problem with float8 input format
Date
solution! (was: Re: problem with float8 input format)  (Louis-David Mitterrand <cunctator@apartia.ch>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 11:42:06AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Louis-David Mitterrand <cunctator@apartia.ch> writes:
> > Strangely engough the function call works fine when called from psql but
> > fails (but not always!) from a C trigger.
>
> May we see the C trigger?  I'm suspicious it's doing something wrong...

Please find the trigger attached to this message as well as the .sql
file containing the full DB schema including the functions. Here is a
typicall log entry of the error:

    000811.18:02:03.555  [1673] query:
    SELECT incr(max_price($1),0.05)

    000811.18:02:03.556  [1673] ERROR:  Bad float8 input format '0.05'

Thanks for your help,

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.org

                      Slight disorientation after prolonged system
                      uptime is normal for new Linux users. Please do
                      not adjust your browser.

Attachment