macaddr type (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject macaddr type (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Now that I'm actually on -HACKERS, did this make it to the list?

Larry
----- Forwarded message (env-from ler) -----

2 Items  I noticed with PostgreSQL  7.0.2:

1) the macaddr type is NOT documented in the datatypes and functions  documentation.
2) the manufacturer list in  the mac.c module is way out  of date.    this list can be updated from
http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml   and massaging the oui.txt file available from there.

   Is there anything I can do to help this?
Also, I noticed a discussion on the INET/CIDR types ongoing here, and was wonderingif there was a way to get an output
functionfor these types that would ALWAYS printall 4 octets of the adddress for use by non-technical people.   I am
currentlywritingan IP allocation and tracking system using these types and find this  a prioblem.

Thanks!
Larry Rosenman
--
Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler