Re: Slashdot discussion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: Slashdot discussion
Date
List pgsql-general
eschmid+sic@s.netic.de wrote:

> > > Possibly because for most people the process is a simple './configure;
> > > make; make install'
> > >
> > > Pgsql doesn't do this. Not the install process is any less better but
> >
> > huh?  all i do is './configure;make;make install' ...
>
> And what about CVS?
>
> bash-2.01$ cd ../pgsql
> bash-2.01$ cvs -z9 update -dP
> cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server postgresql.org rejected
> access
> bash-2.01$

    What  does  "echo  $CVS_RSH"  report? Marc is an Admin, not a
    Wannabe.  So access is restricted to ssh connections and  cvs
    uses  rsh  by  default.   If  you tell me that MySQL's CVS is
    accessible with rsh, let's think of a totally  different  way
    to get rid of this entire discussion ...

Jan