Using the JDBC Driver in version 7.02 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Jaynes
Subject Using the JDBC Driver in version 7.02
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello.  I am using Postgres 7.02 on my redhat linux box.  I have installed
the JDK and a JSP engine.

I have also copied the JDBC level 4 Drivers that came with postgresql 7.02
onto my hard drive.

When I try to interface with it in java, even after loading the driver with
the line:

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

I get an error that the DriverManager cannot find a suitable driver.

The code I use to connect goes as follows:

Connection chamber = DriverManager.getConnection("localhost:5432");

I also tried it as:

Connection chamber =
DriverManager.getConnection("localhost:5432","username","password");

and still no luck.

Can anyone help with this problem?

I have two suspicions:  First, that I am not pointing to the right class in
the jar file.  Driver.class might be the wrong file to start with.  Second,
maybe my server is not taking requests properly, so Java says "hey, this
driver is not working." when it's not the drivers fault, but the servers
fault.

Just so you know, I set up my server to trust all localhost connections.