Re: PostgreSQL 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Mitch Vincent wrote:
> I was sitting here reading about TOAST and 7.1 and another question came
> into my mind.. I looked on the web page for some information about features
> to be added in 7.1 and an approximate 7.1 release date.. I found information
> on the TOAST feature as well as Referential Integrity  but nothing else.. If
> I missed it please just point me in the right direction, if not I'd like to
> as about the approximate time of 7.1 arriving in a stable form and if full
> text indexing is going to be a part of 7.1..

    The  project page you've seen was an idea I had several month
    ago.  I had a big success with it since I  got  co-developers
    for  FOREIGN  KEY.   It  was the first time I something in an
    open source project with related developers, and  the  result
    was stunning - even for me.

    Unfortunately,  none  of  the other "inner-circle" developers
    catched up that idea. Maybe all they're doing is not  of  the
    nature    that    they   would   gain   anything   from   co-
    developers/volunteers.

    Not an answer to your real question, more like a kick in  the
    A.. of my colleagues.

Jan