BLOB DBI func() interface under postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Louis-David Mitterrand
Subject BLOB DBI func() interface under postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

In DBD::Pg one can read (line 134):

    $lobj_fd = $dbh->func($lobjId, $mode, 'lo_open');

But how is the LOB retrieved in the first place? If I pass the OID of an
existing LOB instance from a table the returned $lobj_fd is null. What
kind of $lobjId is one supposed to pass to this function to open a LOB?

The aim is to be able to read a LOB from a postgres DB without having to
lo_export the object to a file first. Can that be done with the
$dbh->func() interface? (using lo_open, lo_read, etc ..)

TIA

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.fr

Hi, I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.