Re: Crosstab SQL Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: Crosstab SQL Question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 07:04:07PM -0500, Matthew wrote:
> Is it possible to perform a crosstab query in postgres similar the
> functionality that MS Access provides?
>
> I tried building the query in Access (against postgre 6.5.3 using ODBC)
> and using the SQL created by Access, but it looks like very non-standard
> SQL code and postgre doesn't support it.

Well, gee, Matt, for those of us who are not regular users of Access,
you might want to describe what a crosstab query is, and maybe even
quote the non-standard SQL that access produces, so we can advise you
on how to do the same thing with postgresql.

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer