Re: What is the default port for postmaster? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: What is the default port for postmaster?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 10:45:17AM -0500, Phillip Harrington wrote:
> I cannot seem to find this info. I found instructions on how to change it, but
> I just want to know what the default port is for postmaster? Sorry this is a
> silly question.

No silly questions, only silly answers. Here's the answer, and
how to to answer similar questions (on a unix system, at least)

wallace$ grep postgres /etc/services
postgres        5432/tcp                        # POSTGRES
postgres        5432/udp                        # POSTGRES
You have mail in /var/mail/reedstrm
wallace$

Ross
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer