Re: [GENERAL] User authentication problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: [GENERAL] User authentication problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Guillermo Iglesias wrote:
  >I know that the only  users who can access PostgreSQL are those known to it
  >(listed in pg_shadow) and when psql ask me to enter an username I supply one
  >existing in pg_shadow as 'postgres' but if the user is present in /etc/passw
      >d too,
  >then I get the error. This error doesn't appear when I write an username tha
  >doesn't exist in /etc/passwd

This is not normal behaviour and I cannot reproduce it.

What version(s) are you running? What operating system?

     "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,
      and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and
      learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye
      shall find rest unto your souls."
                                 Matthew 11:28,29