Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe we should just drop this thread, I'm certainly not out to make
> any enemies.  I've become fond of Postgres, and I guess my expectations
> and standards are just very high.  Not that I'm always able to live
> up to them! :)

It's like watching hot dogs or legislation being made.  You don't want
to watch.

We get everything working in the end.  It can be ugly getting there and
seeing all the warts along the way.

I think we are spoiled with Tom, Jan, and Vadim who just show up and
produce 100% functional patches the first time.  Some people go at it in
different ways.  Eventually it all gets working.  I can't tell you how
many times I have added a feature or fixed something, and then had Tom
Lane or Vadim come along and fix my fixes.

Pennsylvania19026