Re: move to usenet? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David W Noon
Subject Re: move to usenet?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 19 Aug 2003 09:06 in
<20030819080727.22F781CB1D0@koshin.dsl.systemec.nl>, Jules Alberts
(jules.alberts@arbodienst-limburg.nl) wrote:

> This is not a troll and I certainly don't want to start a holy war but
> wouldn't it be a good idea to move the postgresql lists from the
> mailing list approach to usenet?

I don't know about anybody else, but I am already reading these messages
from a Usenet newsserver. I do not receive them as e-mail.

I agree that many messages are not formatted according to Usenet
conventions, but I normally attribute that to Windows users who know
nothing about the Internet. Thus, top-posting and full-quoting are rife all
across Usenet.

--
Regards,

Dave  [RLU#314465]