Re: NUMERIC type makes trouble in MS Access - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tobias Wendorff
Subject Re: NUMERIC type makes trouble in MS Access
Date
Re: NUMERIC type makes trouble in MS Access  (Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info>)
List pgsql-odbc
Am So, 27.05.2018, 05:18 schrieb Jan Wieck:
> Anything that is exact precision in the database should never
> be handled as "double" in any driver. That is a serious bug and
> a possible violation of accounting laws in many countries.

So SQL_NUMERIC is DOUBLE? Sorry, I'm not an insider ;)

Access supports DECIMAL file type with a range from -9.999... x 10^27
to +9.999... x 10^27 while DOUBLE goes from -1.797 x 10^308 to
1.797 x 10^308.

Actually, older Access had problems with DECIMAL fields in the past,
maybe those got fixed already?

Best regards,
Tobias