Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ocean_li_996
Subject Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder()
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Dear Hayato, Amit,

At 2024-03-18 14:44:46, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

>Dear Amit,
>
>> I agree with this. Is there a reason you are not using the test for
>> the issue originally reported in this thread?
>
>Firstly the modified version was used to shorten the test workload.
>However, the optimization assumed the BUG which may be fixed in future.
>Here are new patch set which recent changes for testcases were reverted.
>
>Best Regards,
>Hayato Kuroda
>FUJITSU LIMITED
>https://www.fujitsu.com/

The spec test added in latest patch only involves a single logical replication slot.
IIUC, the issue can be fixed independently, without having to wait for the issue
in [1] to be resolved first.
Best Regards,
Haiyang Li