Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Feb 6, 2008 9:56 AM, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Whenever a commit fest is in progress, the
> focus will shift from development to review, feedback and commit of
> patches. Each fest will continue until all patches in the queue have
> either been committed to the CVS repository, returned to the author
> for additional work, or rejected outright, and until that has
> happened, no new patches will be considered.

If we don't have a bench farm anytime soon, I think we should consider
planning a set of benchmarks after each commit fest to prevent
performance regressions on different workloads. I don't expect them to
be comprehensive but it could allow us to prevent the most obvious
regressions.

--
Guillaume