Re: Quality and Performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: Quality and Performance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Nov 27, 2007 11:45 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> If you start with a set of tests and send it to me I will start work on
> a benchmarking step in the buildfarm client.

Are you sure it shouldn't be a separate client? I don't think neither
the prerequisites nor the results wanted have something in common with
the build farm.

Another idea is that we should find a way to let people run their
specific benchmarks and use the client to report their results. Some
people may want to run read only benchmarks, some I/O heavy
benchmarks, and others benchmarks which runs for more than a day.

--
Guillaume