Re: Still a NOTICE in dict_thesaurus.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Still a NOTICE in dict_thesaurus.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Thanks, working on this now.  Because the stop words can be any stop
> > word I didn't imagine it could be in the subsitution.  What stop word
> > will it use?  Anyway, coding it now to match the left-hand-side.
>
> Why would you do that?  There is not any corresponding idea of leaving
> holes in the pattern.  AFAICS the only change needed is NOTICE->ERROR.

OK, I see now.  The right-hand side just ignores a stop word, rather
than accepting any stop word.  Got it.

So, for the left-hand-side we have '?' as any stop word and a stop word
as an error, and you want to make a stop word as an error on the
right-hand-size.  No need for '?'.  Agreed.  Want me to do it?

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com