Re: pg 8.3beta 2 restore db with autovacuum report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: pg 8.3beta 2 restore db with autovacuum report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro,

On 11/2/07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Even though the restore times are very similar, I find it a bit
> disturbing that the "CREATE INDEX" is shown to be waiting.  Was it just
> bad luck that the ps output shows it that way, or does it really wait
> for long?

I did the test again with the reference database I used a month ago.

My previous figures with 8.3devel of October 1st were:
- autovacuum off: 14m39
- autovacuum on, delay 20: 51m37

With 8.3devel of today, I have:
- autovacuum on, delay 20: 15m26

I can see (CREATE INDEX|ALTER TABLE) waiting from time to time in my
watch -n 1 but it disappears within 1 or 2 seconds so what Simon and
you did seems to work as expected AFAICS.

--
Guillaume