Re: upload of rebuilt packages to the repository - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: upload of rebuilt packages to the repository
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Fri, 2018-06-29 at 14:54 +0200, Philippe Kueck wrote:
> it happened again. Altered rpm packages were uploaded to the repository
> without bumping the version string.

I don't *think* this is the case here. Let me explain:

I pushed a lot of packages during the weekend, mostly to 11 tree. The process
is:

1) Build the package
2) Push to staging repo (to yum.postgresql.org)
3) rsync to main repo from staging repo (to download.postgresql.org)

rsync is done once an hour, automagically. I don't have control on that, but I
control the first two steps. If I push packages around rsync time, rsync fails
to sync all files correctly, and this is resolved in the next rsync, causing
partial updates in the repo.

I tried to minimize this before, but I was very tired, and forgot to take a
look at the clock. I had this issue on my Fedora 28 box as well, a cache
refresh fixed my  problem.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz